Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Special Day

Sunday, January 14, 2007


At present I am in Austin, Texas. For the first time I am on a foreign soil, on my birthday Sunday- JANUARY 14 th. I complete 62 years. By coincidence many a times the Indian Festival of SANKRANTHI falls on this day, which signifies the beginning of a harvest season for Indian Farmers. It is also called ‘MAKARA SANKRANTHI’, as astronomically from this day, the sun with respect to earth moves towards north, heralding the season of summer. Again, beginning from this day, the period of UTTARAYANA starts.

According to Hindu epic, BHEESHMACHARYA, the grand sire, waited for this day to breathe his last to ascend to heaven (Brahmaloka).

But this year -2007, the festival day falls on January 15th. (Monday).

Further, January 14th is the birthday of my first son-in-law, and also the birthday of father of my second son-law. We greet each other.

My late parents use to greet me wherever I am. I have their blessings.

My siblings, my family members, my close relatives, and my friends greet me with clocklike precision without fail. I enjoy their goodwill.

I am fully content with whatever life has given me, and lived with obedience to god and to those who were dear to me.

The day passes, and a new year begins for me with hope that God would take care of me.

No comments: