During retired life, I tend to slip into contemplative moods quite often. This is more when I am inactive, and even more, when I am suffering with a terminal disease.
I am aware that this mental state is not really good for my health. So, I hop on to some other habits of mine- like Reading Books, Reading articles online, watching good old movies on the DVD player, and occasionally conversing with friends who drop in regularly. I also ponder on what topics to be posted on my blogs. As I shift on this habits cyclically, one of them interests me and I tend to dwell on it a little longer.
Oh! Yes, during the past three months, I have been watching live coverage of Cricket/Tennis Matches on TV. There were plenty of them. We Indians are pretty emotional at heart. The result of Cricket matches has a direct bearing on our moods, more so when
The Twenty-Twenty Cricket World Cup won by
Well, an Alsatian dog in an apartment next to my house also raises its decibel levels at least three to four times a day, barking continuously for five minutes or so each time. An old cat slowly and majestically walks on the dividing wall amidst these dins. A year old boy of our servant maid contributes to this cacophony with his cries, moaning and mumblings.
Surely, I pass through this torrid time every day. Over a period, I got used to it. I cannot resist, so I endure it. All of them are God’s creations. They have a right to exhibit their emotions. I see and hear all these through my Windows- A different operating system!
This time I dwelt a little longer on my reading habit, keeping aside others for a while. I bought a few books through amazon.com during my last visit to US, for my reading pleasure. As I have plenty of time these days, I read a book slowly.
I finished two chapters of Barack Obama’s Thoughts on reclaiming the American Dream he penned in his book- The Audacity of Hope. I find it interesting so far. He is articulate, worked his way up to where he is now, and may possess the credentials to get presidential nomination from his party. The race between him and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton seems to be heading for a close finish. The world is certainly watching. And right now,
The world scenario today is far different from what it was five to six decades ago. The aspirations of people in any country, be it Brazil, Venezuela, USA, Belgium, France, Middle east countries, Pakistan, India, Myanmar, China or any small landlocked countries in African Continent are, to exercise freedom of speech; demand for better living conditions; and to have a type of governance they, as a majority desire. The potential leaders have to take note of this. The Politicians have to reform themselves.
The philosophy to rule is simple- Follow the policy of Live and Let others live. Otherwise, there will be conflicts. As the interests of each country are so interlinked with other countries, policies cannot be thrust. Compromises, adjustments are a necessity for co-existence. This can be achieved only through diplomacy.
I was delighted to receive a Printed copy of the Sunday edition of the newspaper- The Tribune (www.tribuneindia.com/) from its chief editor, as a compliment on my request, as its printed edition is not available easily in
It is often said that things have to be done ONE at a time. It is true. But the thoughts keep whirling around disturbing. It’s always a struggle within the mind. Yet I enjoy going through this state.
Why? I get a chance to share my thoughts with you. I get satisfaction.

2 comments:
You are a pleasure to read... I hope you like this:
http://www.twentytwentycricket.com
You may contact me at:
Raul Bermudez
toymaker@parodicegames.com
Post a Comment