Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hillary Clinton vs. Barack Obama

Far from the Democratic and Republican Presidential nomination battle that is on in USA, I in Hyderabad am watching that contest with tension and excitement. Is it going to be a close finish or a tie-breaker for the democratic nomination? I am keeping my fingers crossed.

On the contrary, the Republican Party’s nomination - John McCain appears to be a front-runner, and his nomination certain.

The Americans participation in these Primaries reflects an upsurge in interest in politics; appear determined to change the face of America. The world is certainly watching the developments with equal interest. History is in the making.

It is more than year since the candidates have been canvassing, and criss-crossing the great land raising the expectations of the American citizens for a better and a peaceful atmosphere; looking for reforms in many sectors to revive their economy, make the dollar more strong; and to project a shining image that has gone into umbra.

I personally feel that whoever becomes the President - Clinton, McCain or Obama - each has the credentials. All depends upon the team of advisers each chooses to run the government. A fresh approach is definitely needed. First, attempt to solve domestic issues, and then frame a foreign policy. I always believed in the approach - win at home, and then attempt to conquer the world.

Come real elections, and that’s going to be even more interesting. It’s going to be between R and D.

I am wary of betting, but I am looking for a thrilling finish. Its going to be a test for American Citizens then.

No comments: