It is more than five months since I posted a blog. For no apparent reason, the practice stopped. Neither I had a mental block nor did I lose interest in blogging. These things do happen as there are no compulsions or pressure to write. Whenever there is a respite, it gets stretched. I believe that is what happened.
I did ponder on this gap for the sake of analysis. I think the onset of summer then, and the high temperatures that prolonged well into a normal rainy season dampened my urge. Al Gore’s lectures on Global warming were on my mind. The weather then affected other habits too. Summer in the tropical regions is never pleasant. There are problems all around. Drought in some places, dip in power generation resulting in frequent power cuts, spiraling prices, add to our misery. There is a lack of interest in whatever we do. I felt that this summer season affected my mind and body as well. The disease- ALS - I am afflicted with was however progressing slowly and steadily. I knew this was god’s way, and I had no part in it. All I did was to hope for the best, and let the period pass away.
To keep my spirits up, my family members, my siblings, close relatives and friends were ever helpful in giving me advice and support. I took refuge in reading spiritual, and self help books. The inspirational messages that my friend was constantly sending through the net, and which in turn I shared with others helped me enormously from slipping into inertia.
Well, that was all about airing my inner feelings.
Be all that as they may be, I was keeping abreast of the news.
The events around the world keep happening. Nothing seems to stop them. Nature’s calmness and fury; men and women creating and making the news keep the people’s interests active and alive.
Barack Obama’s nomination for the Presidential Post by the Democratic Party, his speech in Denver; Choosing Senator Joe Biden as his running mate for Vice-President; senator Hillary Clinton’s unstinted support for Obama all seem to augur well for future of America.
The
The current financial crisis that was brewing and originating from
In the name of innovation, schemes with fancy names were introduced luring the investors for speculative gains. American home loans and the EMI’s (Equated monthly installments paid by the people who took the loan) formed the source funds for these investment bankers to float in the market. The actions of these so called “Financial wizards” can be called “recklessness in the name of dynamism”. As of now, they are Scot free.
Finance and accounting is a fascinating subject that needs to be kept simple and understandable to a layman. Basic rules are to be followed with a conservative outlook. After all the banks are dealing with others’ money and those small investors part their money reposing TRUST. And that needs to be repaid by all means. Hopefully I aim to write more on this topic.
Many major decisions taken are political in nature, and there are always forces opposing them, just to be recognised. In every act of living, hurdles are placed for pecuniary benefits. The Indian psyche is to violate a rule. We lack self-discipline, be it at home or in Parliament. I say this with profound sadness.
A classic example in recent days is the shifting of Nano car project by the most respected corporate giant -The Tatas- from Singur, a place 20 miles north of kolkatta in the state of West Bengal to Sanand, a city 10 miles west of Ahmedabad, in the state of Gujarat i.e., from east to west. This is due to the protests by the principal opposition party- the trinamool congress. It is a pity that it had to be shifted at a time when the much awaited car was to roll out soon. The concerned opposition leaders are insensitive to the loss incurred by many associated with the project. Much can be written on this issue. That would only highlight the disgusting scenario.
Amidst all this, Asian Indians are god fearing and resilient. Belief in Hindu Philosophy, its religion, its scriptures keep us binding despite upheavals. All Hindu festivals are celebrated with fervour and gaiety. People visit temples as often as they can, and more so during festivals. One such festival- Dasara is celebrated all over
I am dedicating this blog to my daughters, close relatives and friends, who have been constantly reminding me to get back into the habit of posting blogs regularly to keep my mind active- usefully!!
I hope to maintain the habit despite progression of ALS- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.

1 comment:
Hi,
This blog included what not?? It is really amazing to read so many topics with so much of information in just one blog. What not!! Nuclear Deal, Tata Nano, US elections, Indian festivals,Natural calamity. This blog is like a quick revision to all the important events that happened in the last one or 2 months. This is good.
Post a Comment