The power of silence is unique. I practice remaining silent for a day, and sometimes two days at a stretch as a means of meditation. I found this to be an exercise in self-control, self-directing my own senses and an act of self-discipline. This benefits me to perceive things with a cool mind without reacting. My family also gets benefited, as they do not have to hear my constant chatter and repartees! I keep a scribbling pad for written communication. It amuses when they too scribble messages to me out of impulse!! How infectious this habit is!
Addressing the crowd on the center court of a Tennis match at Wimbledon, the Umpire pleads “Quiet Please”. Like the Schoolboys, everybody is silent helping the players to concentrate and get along with the game. The power of silence helped the allies in the world war. It helps others to concentrate. It creates a peaceful atmosphere for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment