Friday, March 14, 2008

Government’s Annual Budgets.

Though I am from the Finance profession, the annual budgets of the government never interested me. I always felt that they are political in substance, and in supportive of the policies of the party that is in power at that point of time. The sops announced are normally before elections and a mean to perpetuate their rule and get back to power.

The way billions and trillions of country’s currency is spent or waived makes me wonder whether any morals are followed in preparing those budgets. In my view, it is a huge financial misappropriation, and no one is made accountable or answerable. The usual audit objections and resultant queries are not really taken serious and never subjected to investigations. All of them are looked into. Public memory is short on these aspects, and finally any committee’s reports gathers dust or get into archives.

I hasten to add that the preparation of this huge document is essential to run the government, and is a great guidance for the economy to run on macro levels. But, the propriety of some basic financial principles is given a go by, thereby eroding public trust in its governance.

You begin to wonder- Whose money is being squandered? And who has given them the power to do as they like? You cannot say that the public has voted us. But, an ordinary citizen is brushed aside with scorn, and with a villainous smile.

That is why these budgets do not interest me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.