Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back To Blogging.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have not been expressing opinions, articulating my ideas on anything, and kept away from blogging since January of this year. The neurological disorder disease ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) I am afflicted with took a step further in making me more immobile. I needed a care giver to assist me in my basic needs. This turn of events unsettled my mind and my thoughts were lacking concentration and veering towards disinterest in many mental activities. My mind was in recession.

I was aware that this attitude is not healthy, and could lead to depression, which would further weaken me. It took a long time for me to come to grips with the realities, as I had to go through a miserable summer which added to my discomfort.

The spiritual books I was reading, the motivational messages I was receiving from friends, the research I was indulging on new subjects, and my own fighting spirit helped me get back to a positive attitude, which I hope would sustain.

All through, I continued reading blogs posted in The Statesman and other websites. I never left the habit of surfing the net to keep my mind alert and active.

I sent and received mails typing with my right fore finger and middle finger alternately.

I hope I keep posting blogs on topics of interest as often as I can, expressing my views and deeply felt emotions on them.

Sickness may have you down physically, but you don’t have to be down spiritually or emotionally. You keep on getting up in your heart, mind, and will. (Chapter 21, page 189).

God has destined you to live in victory, but you have to do your part. Make a firm decision that no matter what comes against you in life, you are going to keep standing up on the inside. (Chapter 21, page 194).

The above italisized paras have been extracted from the book “YOUR Best Life NOW 7 steps to Living at your full potential” By JOEL OSTEEN. He is the senior pastor of Lakewood Church, Houston, TX.

Relevant words Indeed.

No comments: