Thursday, August 27, 2009

I feel Sad.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I feel sad at the demise of Democrat Senator EDWARD KENNEDY, late on Tuesday night. I join Americans, and other admirers in offering my condolences to his family members.

Many of us in India of my age, though not connected with American Politics, have been following American Politics, ever since John F. Kennedy became President, whose speeches were inspirational. Since then, the political careers of the Kennedy Family were always in the news.

Despite hailing from that illustrious family, the three brothers have earned a name for themselves, and their contribution to uplift America as a nation in modern times is immeasurable.

The youngest of all, Ted Kennedy, as we Indians know lived politically a bit under the shadow of his brothers. Nevertheless, he was as much admired.

It is a pity that he will not be there to see the Health Care Reforms, which are so dear to him, take a firm shape. It will in due course and that would be the greatest tribute the Americans can pay.

May his soul rest in peace.

No comments: